Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Title Design round 1

For my title design, I have chosen to do either an opening or an ending.  I still need to get the final idea of which it would be better with according to the style I am choosing.  If you've ever seen The Last Unicorn, you know the type of stylization I wish to achieve.  Here is the link in case you are unaware of what it looks like.

http://youtu.be/fEIXUNKA9NY

I found all the stock footage I would need if I choose to use already painted images and then animate from them.  However this may not get what I want so unfortunately I may have to copy/cut/change some images or just make my own to imitate the style.  Here are a few images that I found from various artists who have done illustrated books for the movie, The Hobbit.  Which is in fact, the movie that I wish to make a title design for, the old animated film, The Hobbit.  Alan Lee is probably the more notable one, but david wenzel has a bit more happy undertones to his images.  The animation is a bit more on the dark side, and the character designs aren't the most smooth lined (as animated characters you'd see today on tv).  So if I find a happy medium when doing this animated story title design I feel I will have the best outcome.





















No comments:

Post a Comment